Access 97 Database and Postgres

From: Wilkinson Charlie E <Charlie(dot)E(dot)Wilkinson(at)irs(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Access 97 Database and Postgres
Date: 2000-07-26 13:54:57
Lists: pgsql-general

I need to get data out of an Access database and into a *real* database,
i.e., Postgres. I've done the ODBC thing. It was painful to set up
(did you know MS has _bugs_ in their ODBC support?? *gasp!*) and even
more painful exporting the data into Postgres. Some tables failed to
export, plus I ended up having to do a pg_dump, massage the schema *and*
the data and reload it all anyway.

Is there a better way? (Even just _slightly_ better?) During our
migraineXXXXXXXXX migration I will need to transfer the data a few more
times and I really don't want to make a career out of exporting data...

Thanks for any help.

-cw-
--
Charlie Wilkinson - TRIS Development Systems Administrator
IS:SD:CT:CC:TD