Re: Please help edit & expand the guide to 9.0

From: Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>
To: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Please help edit & expand the guide to 9.0
Date: 2010-07-01 12:47:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I¹m still finding plenty of repetition in this document. I think it can be
made a lot punchier with some judicious editing.

I'd like to set up a time to go over the document with someone more tech
savvy than I am. Here is an example of the sort of thing I am unable to
resolve without some help:

> This time, the goal is improving the archiving mechanism to make it as
> continuous as possible and to not rely on file shipping.

Is file shipping a translation error or a valid technical term? I assume the
former.

I'd like to use Skype, ICQ or MSN chat to review. I think it would take
about 1­2 hours. Perhaps over the weekend.

Any volunteers?

> I'll try and work through what I can; one suggestion for anyone else editing
> would be to add links to the relevant sections of the manual.

Regards

Rob Napier

homepage: www.oncetechnologies.com