Re: Swag for conferences: please make requests now

From: Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Swag for conferences: please make requests now
Date: 2009-07-31 22:11:50
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Regarding "Rob's flyer":

My apologies for the delay with translations. I've been tied up with health
problems and interstate travel since the first work was done on this. Also,
there was some confusion over what was and was not the agreed translation in
each language.

Last night I completed the Italian version. It only took me an hour to do
it. I had the advantage of speaking to one person who handled all the
liaison. I think this is the best model.

If one person can step up to the plate for each language and give me the
final text and can be available to answer questions, I can do the same for
other versions without further delay. Availability on Skype would make it
even easier for me to get the work done quickly.

I have a Russian version ready for comment if anyone would like to take the
lead on them. By the way, I found the biggest problem is getting suitable
fonts to work in each language. I suggest that a standard font set be chosen
for each language. Stick to those fonts for all brochures. It has proved to
be a pain to get everything to match.

On 1/8/09 7:12 AM, "Santiago Zarate" <santiago(at)zarate(dot)net(dot)ve> wrote:

> In fact, if that's the case... i guess i'd prefer the designs... speaking of
> that... i'll put the vepug's banner on the wiki...

Regards

Rob Napier