Re: Vote on Windows installer links

From: Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Date: 2009-07-10 13:58:15
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Bruce

Excellent rationalizing. Only thing I am not sure I agree with is that there
is a consensus of opinion on EDB's level of advertising in this case.

The only thing I am sure of is that there are at least two points of view on
this.

You mention a policy on advertising, self-promotion etc. Is it in a
document? Where can I get a copy of that?

Rob

On 10/7/09 11:27 PM, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> We have to craft some kind of policy for this, and the good news is that
> we already have been operating with such a policy for a while, and it is
> very simple. If a majority consensus (our normal decision-making model)
> don't like the advertising used by a company, we disassociate with that
> company by removing links to them.

-
-
-