feature request

From: "Omar Bettin" <o(dot)bettin(at)informaticaindustriale(dot)it>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: feature request
Date: 2010-02-25 21:35:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hello to everyone,
is a bit late for an italian, but after an long day debugging I had an idea.
Why not introduce a special SQL command like
STORE WHERE [condition] FROM [table]
removing all data that meet the condition and storing them into another database?
Then, if a query that needs the stored data is executed after such command the database joins the stored data into the result query.
This can keep the production database lightweight and fast.
Regards

Omar Bettin