Re: Estimating market size

From: Andy Astor <andy(dot)astor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Estimating market size
Date: 2007-10-05 09:39:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-de-allgemein

Everyone,

I am actually working on an exercise to generate some numbers on the
Postgres market share and/or market size, both in the US and globally.

If anyone has any information on this topic, whether anecdotal,
analyst-based, or from any other source, I would appreciate you sending it
to me. I will summarize my findings with the mailing list once they are
complete, in the next couple of weeks. Thanks in advance,

Andy

P.S. Tatsuo...interesting assessment. It¹s amazing that Postgres¹s
popularity in Japan is an estimated 5 times the number in the US!