Re: Incorrect comment in be-secure-openssl.c

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Incorrect comment in be-secure-openssl.c
Date: 2020-06-01 08:39:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 1 Jun 2020, at 08:06, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:

> The problem I have with first and second flavors is that "DH
> parameters files" does not sound right. First, the grammar sounds
> incorrect to me as in this case "parameters" should not be plural.

I think "parameters" is the right term here, as the shared secret is determines
a set of Diffie-Hellman parameters.

> Second, it is only possible to load one file with ssl_dh_params_file,
> and we only attempt to load this single file within initialize_dh().

Thats correct, this is a leftover from when we allowed for different DH sizes
and loaded the appropriate file. This was removed in c0a15e07cd718cb6e455e683
in favor of only using 2048.

> Of course it would be possible to just switch to "DH parameter file"
> in the first part of the sentence, but I have just finished by
> rewriting the whole thing, as the third flavor.

I don't have a problem with the existing wording of the first sentence, and I
don't have a problem with your suggestion either (as long as it's parameters in
plural).

cheers ./daniel