Re: Beta 3 crashing reproducably

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Beta 3 crashing reproducably
Date: 2006-10-18 11:41:52
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 17/10/06 15:23, "Erwin Brandstetter" <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at> wrote:

> dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk wrote:
>> >
>> > That appears to be a quirk of wxWidgets (or something we're doing with
>> > it fairly globally) - all the dialogues behave like that.
>> >

> Actually, many dialogues don't. For instance, properties dialogue:
> <enter> triggers OK (except when focus is in comment).
> I would consider it quite an improvement, if I could do quick searches
> without having to use the mouse (or some cumbersome key combination).

The all seem to do it for me ­ properties dialogues included. It doesn¹t
happen in 1.4, or 1.6 on Mac though. I¹ll look into it.

> I can (and do) have multiple connections registered, with different
> usernames to the same server. There is no way to tell one from the other
> in the dialogue.

I¹ll see if I can add the username to the combo box. BTW; how are you
opening the query tool ­ from the browser, or from the command line? On the
command line the dialogue works slightly differently as it doesn¹t have the
browser to query for the database names etc. iirc, Magnus made the combos
writeable in command line startup mode so you can manually type in the
database name.

> (...)
>>> >>

>> > I think that's related to the navigation-by-return issue above - it
>> > scrolls through the items in the list, then at the end moves onto the
>> > next control. I'll have to look into that some more.
>> >

> Turning the wheel not only moves the focus the next control, it also
> triggers OK.

Yes. More soon... I only have my Mac whilst I¹m away so cannot test most of
these at the moment but will get to it as soon as I can.

Regards, Dave.