Re: CoC [Final v2]

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
To: Josh Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>, S McGraw <smcg4191(at)mtneva(dot)com>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CoC [Final v2]
Date: 2016-01-24 22:42:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On Jan 24, 2016, at 2:34 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> O.k. now I am starting to see your point. For example:

o_O

> Pg person A is harassing person B in the Rails community.
>
> How do we deal with that?
>
> 1. If person B is not in the Pg community then it is up to the Rails community to deal with it.
>
> 2. If person B is in the Pg community they can request help.
>
> I am open to wording on #2. I tried a couple of times but had trouble not making it a larger declaration that I think it needs to be.

How do you define “in the Pg community”? Is it someone who has posted to a known forum at least once? Someone who has been to a conference? What if they have never participated in a community forum, but use PostgreSQL at work? Maybe they would eventually submit a bug report or ask a question. How do you gauge that?

Me, I don’t think you can. If someone reports abusive behavior by a member of the Pg community, it should not matter whether or not the person doing the reporting is a member of the community, only that the reported abuser is.

Best,

David