Re: Build fails on OSX using wx 2.7.0

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Chris Campbell <chris(at)bignerdranch(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Build fails on OSX using wx 2.7.0
Date: 2006-08-31 20:28:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On 31/8/06 21:04, "Chris Campbell" <chris(at)bignerdranch(dot)com> wrote:

> Roll out releases of what? PostgreSQL?

pgAdmin. I do PodtgreSQL binaries as well, but as they're for Windows I
don't suppose they're relevant in this case :-)

> Yeah, all the test-and-set stuff. PostgreSQL uses different test-and-
> set techniques on different architectures, and (afaik) actually
> executes code at configure-time to test such things (some of the code
> is assembly, I think?).

Oh right - I thought that was hardcoded for each architecture. Didn't
realise there was a configure time test.

> I wouldn't trust a cross-compiled PostgreSQL binary as much as I
> would a built-on-native binary. Which is why I build natively on each
> platform and lipo them together for my clients that distribute
> PostgreSQL in their products.

No - which thinking about it is not actually an issue for me as I only
actually need libpq. As that's capable of being built on it's own (and isn't
build form multiple subsystems from what I can remember) I can probably just
get away with that.

Cheers, Dave.