Re: pg_upgrade --jobs

From: senor <frio_cervesa(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade --jobs
Date: 2019-04-07 00:47:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Tom for the explanation. I assumed it was my ignorance of how the schema was handled that was making this look like a problem that had already been solved and I was missing something.

I fully expected the "You're Doing It Wrong" part. That is out of my control but not beyond my influence.

I suspect I know the answer to this but have to ask. Using a simplified example where there are 100K sets of 4 tables, each representing the output of a single job, are there any shortcuts to upgrading that would circumvent exporting the entire schema? I'm sure a different DB design would be better but that's not what I'm working with.

Thanks