ExclusiveLock on PostgreSQL - Fabio Mendonça

From: Fabio Oliveira De Mendonca <fabiomedonca(at)brq(dot)com>
To: "ktm(at)it(dot)is(dot)rice(dot)edu" <ktm(at)it(dot)is(dot)rice(dot)edu>, "gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu" <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "fabio(dot)mendonca(dot)arq(at)gmail(dot)com" <fabio(dot)mendonca(dot)arq(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: ExclusiveLock on PostgreSQL - Fabio Mendonça
Date: 2015-10-28 16:59:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi friends,

I'm Fabio Mendonça (Brazil) and I initiated a work with PostgreSQL, I work with Oracle , DB2 , Sybase and Informix , but PostgreSQL is a sweet experience.

In this moment I'm looking any help, because the articles that I've found not solve the problem.

The Cenario:

I 've a process with 600.000 rows, for insert on table "A" with 130 columns and I'm received the "Exclusivelock" error message, making lost some rows during transaction. The insert of transaction occurs on each 2 min. and for each 1 min, a second process read the table "A" (with Join Table "C" using PK ) to make a insert on a table ("B") . Well , I did think create a partitions on table "A", but I don't believe get a correcting in the problem ( "Exclusivelock" ).

I'm reading the your conversation about WAL performance and if I understood
, your sugestion was separed the WAL archives between fisical disks .

Please could you confirm this solution or exist another form to resolve the "Exclusivelock" ? .

I appreciate any sugestion.

Thanks .

(sorry my english, cause I'm student on language)

Fabio Mendonça.

System Analist

BRQ (CAIXA FEDERAL )