Re: Using Postgres to store genetic data

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <peter(dot)hunsberger(at)gmail(dot)com>, <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Using Postgres to store genetic data
Date: 2009-07-11 14:31:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Peter-
if by 'dangerous' you mean employable then count me in!

Oracle is probably the only DB vendor which implements Clinical Informatics product
would like to hear about any Clinical Informatics offerings postgres would offer
I'm thinking a relational tree might work something like
Gene ->1..n-> Sequence(s) ->1..n-> GCATPermutations

thanks,
Martin Gainty