Re: Change in policy on News?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Change in policy on News?
Date: 2006-01-09 20:41:44
Lists: pgsql-www

On 9/1/06 19:17, "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> Magnus,

>>> I wasn't aware of that one. Last I heard, we were talking one per month,
>>> top. Or possibly one per 2 months (nobody seem to remember which..)
>>
>> Actually, I think you're right, only it was more like once per 6 months per
>> product.
>
> Actually, I don't think that that is very fair ... its too broadstroke ...

It was 1 announcement every 6 weeks, per company. It was because a certain
company whose flagship PG-related product happens to compete with pgAdmin
had so many software releases that had they all been approved they would
have almost constantly been on the top 3 list, and sometimes would have
filled it themselves.

> almost think we should add a 'Software Releases' section seperate from the
> News Items ... keep News Items for stuff like 'article announcements' or
> new service announcements, or such ... still need to have a policy on
> software announces (ie. only major.minor, but no
> major.minor.insignificant) ...

That would take a non-trivial amount of work.

Regards, Dave