Re: psql: show only failed queries

From: Rajeev rastogi <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com>
To: Samrat Revagade <revagade(dot)samrat(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Fabrízio Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql: show only failed queries
Date: 2014-06-30 06:17:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 26 June 2014 11:53, Samrat Revagade Wrote:

>> I am sending updated patch - buggy statement is printed via more logical psql_error function instead printf

>Thank you for updating patch, I really appreciate your efforts.

>Now, everything is good from my side.
>* it apply cleanly to the current git master
>* includes necessary docs
>* I think It is very good and necessary feature.

>If Kumar Rajeev Rastogi do not have any extra comments, then I think patch is ready for committer.

I have reviewed this patch. Please find my review comments below:

1. Command start-up option (e.g. -a/--echo-all for --ECHO=all), for new functionality is not provided.

2. New Command start-up option should be added in "psql --help" as well as in documentation.

Also as I understand, this new option is kind of sub-set of existing option (ECHO=query), so should not we display
query string in the same format as it was getting printed earlier.
Though I also feel that prefixing query with STATEMENT word will be helpful to grep but at the same time I am worried
about inconsistency with existing option.

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar Rajeev Rastogi