Re: How to determine a database is intact?

From: Wes <wespvp(at)syntegra(dot)com>
To: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to determine a database is intact?
Date: 2004-09-05 15:47:32
Lists: pgsql-general

On 9/5/04 9:41 AM, "Scott Ribe" <scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com> wrote:

> There was this:
>
> <http://svana.org/kleptog/pgsql/pgfsck.html>
>
> Never used it, can't comment on it, doesn't appear to have been updated for
> 7.4. But it might be a jumping-off point.

The author of this dropped me a line last night. It looks like the type of
thing I was looking for, but doesn't quite work with 7.4. It appears the
changes necessary are probably minor, but I haven't had a chance to dig into
it yet. It also does not walk the index trees, but that could be added. As
you say, it looks like it might be a good starting point.

Wes