Re: readline selection (was Re: [GENERAL] psql leaking? - SOLVED)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Russ Brown" <postgres(at)dot4dot(dot)plus(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: readline selection (was Re: [GENERAL] psql leaking? - SOLVED)
Date: 2004-09-05 16:44:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> (2) fix the readline header selection so that it will only take the
>> headers that correspond to the selected library.

> That sounds like a pretty hard problem to solve.

It didn't seem that bad to me. One problem is to not select, eg,
<readline/readline.h> in preference to <editline/readline.h> if we've
selected libedit for linking to. (I think that is the behavior that
bit Russ.) But that seems a small matter of paying attention to a flag
variable set by PGAC_CHECK_READLINE. The other problem is that if we
select <readline.h> we can't really be sure it matches the selected
library. I'm not sure that we *need* to solve that --- if you have
readline.so and not <readline/readline.h> then <readline.h> had better
be the right thing. But I would think it could be done with some
appropriate AC_EGREP_HEADER check if you wanted to be paranoid.