Re: Pgadmin III loses connection with remote database and then hangs for a long time.

From: "Belbin, Peter" <Peter(dot)Belbin(at)PAETEC(dot)com>
To: 'Tim Uckun' <timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bob McConnell <rvm(at)cbord(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pgadmin III loses connection with remote database and then hangs for a long time.
Date: 2011-06-02 18:37:22
Lists: pgadmin-support

I experience this issue on a fairly regular basis.

I never have this problem using a locally available database. It's only on remote databases.

It's very annoying when it does happen, as I find I basically have to kill the app and start over.

It seems to me like there is a firewall somewhere along the line that after some time of disuse, decides the session is no longer valid and no longer passes the data.

Now, the network connectivity aspect is totally out of my control, but, the pgadmin's response to the issue could be better, for sure.

Regards,
Peter.