Pay Pal and the KISS principle

From: Rob Napier <rob(at)trafficofficemanager(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Pay Pal and the KISS principle
Date: 2004-01-06 23:45:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi!

I have been following your many comments about Pay Pal et al. It seems to me
that you are making things hard for yourselves. But maybe I don¹t understand
the full import of your discussion.

Why doesn¹t the Treasurer have an on-line credit card processing facility
that pays directly into your bank account? If the amounts are too small to
sustain the charges, couldn¹t one of the supporting corporations handle it?

I found it impossible to set up credit and debit card processing (on or off
line) but that was because I was not a US resident - even though I owned a
US corporation. But I see no reason why it should present any problem for
you.

Pay Pal is for individuals who have only occasional transactions or for
organisations like mine that were not able to establish a card processing
account with a bank. In our case, we processed everything back through our
Australian company so we never had to resort to Pay Pal.

On another matter I have received little response from my enquiry re:
marketing input. [Thank you Gavin for your time.]

Do I assume from the lack of response that no one has anything to offer?

Rob Napier
CEO

Cormoran Communication Pty Ltd
65 Upper Paper Mills Road
Fyansford VIC 3221 Australia
Ph: 011 61 3 5222 6999
Fax: 011 61 3 5222 3633

It¹s about time.

Email rob(at)trafficofficemanager(dot)com
Web http://www.trafficofficemanager.com