pg_class.relistemp

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_class.relistemp
Date: 2011-07-13 17:28:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hackers,

With regard to this change:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=5f7b58fad8f45c69bb67944779dce67e2f481995

I'm wondering if it would be possible to restore the relistemp column to pg_class, at least for backwards compatibility, so that apps that expected it can continue to work on both 9.0 and 9.1. Even if it's read-only somehow, and the same as `relpersistence <> 't'`.

I've run into this with pgTAP, and am having a hard time coming up with a simple code path to support both without a patch. It'd make life simpler if there was some sort of compatibility interface so that my code doesn't have to maintain two paths.

Thanks,

David