Re: importance of bgwriter_percent

From: "vinita bansal" <sagivini(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: importance of bgwriter_percent
Date: 2005-04-01 18:52:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have not tried all the settings on the big database but yeah I have tried
most of the settings and I am not seeing any performance improvement. Rather
I would say that there was a performance degradation in my case when I used
some of the settings used for small database (like decreasing
shared_buffers, checkpoint_segments etc). I am trying to change these
parameters one by one and then see how things are getting affected.

Regards,
Vinita Bansal

Make money with Zero Investment.
http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/4686-26272-10936-31?ck=RegSell Start your