Re: COPY FROM command v8.1.4

From: "Mr(dot) Dan" <bitsandbytes88(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY FROM command v8.1.4
Date: 2006-09-13 15:57:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

>This is pretty confusing. You mean that groups of 25 adjacent rows were
>missing in the output?
Yes, isn't that interesting? It's always in a group of 25 rows. This is
always random. Say 800,000 to 800,025 out of 12 million represents one
random group of 25 rows.

>What's the (24+1) supposed to convey?
One time we thought we counted 24 rows. (in a row - yes adjacent)

>groups aligned on 25-row boundaries in the whole output (ie, are there
>an exact multiple of 25 rows before each dropped group)?
Yes

>How are you doing the copies, exactly? SQL COPY command, psql \copy,
>something else?
We've tried SQL COY and psql \copy and always get random results - 0,1, or 2
blocks of 25 rows missing.

Is there a pre-compiled version of postgres we can try ? Where could I
download that? We built postgres with GNU make 3.80, the documentation says
3.76 and higher is ok.