Benchmarking PG

From: Manolo _ <mac_man2005(at)hotmail(dot)it>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Benchmarking PG
Date: 2007-12-11 11:06:52
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi to all.

I'd like to benchmark PG. I'd like to compare sorting performances (time spent, #of disk accesses, # of run produced etc) of the present Replacement Selection (external sorting) algorithm and of a refinement I'm going to implement.

I'm new on PG, I just had the idea of how to possibly get better that algorithm and choosed to test it on PG since it's an open-source DBMS.

I've been searching the web for a benchmark. I suppose TPC-H and Wisconsin could fit, but had problems when trying to use them.
Any suggestion on a "good benchmark"?
Any tutorial on how to use them?

Thanks for your time.

Regards.