Re: SSDs with Postgresql?

From: Vick Khera <vivek(at)khera(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSDs with Postgresql?
Date: 2011-04-14 13:25:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 12:19 AM, Benjamin Smith
<lists(at)benjamindsmith(dot)com>wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody here could comment on the benefits of SSD in
> similar, high-demand rich schema situations?

For the last several months, I've been using Texas Memory Systems RamSAN 620
drives on my main DB servers. Having near zero seek times has been a
tremendous boon to our performance, and will have pretty much paid for
themselves within the next couple of months. Ie, the "throw hardware at it"
solution worked really well :)