Re: Adding Japanese README

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adding Japanese README
Date: 2011-06-30 01:26:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 09:42, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> BTW I will talk to some Japanese speaking developers about my idea if
> community agree to add Japanese README to the source tree so that I am
> not the only one who are contributing this project
>
>> Now, if someone wanted to set up a web site or Wiki page with
>> translations, that would be up to them.

IMHO, the Wiki approach seems to be reasonable than a README file.
It will be suitable for adding non-Japanese translations and
non-core developer can join to translate or fix the docs.

If we will promote those README files as documentation, we could
move them into "internals" section in the SGML doc tree. If so,
the translated README will be a part of the doc translation project.

--
Itagaki Takahiro