Re: File_FDW with example

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: File_FDW with example
Date: 2011-06-17 14:51:51
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 03:21, Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> (apologies for prior incomplete post.  Webmail spazzed on me).
>
> Attached is a version of file_FDW.sgml which contains a complete example of how to use it to read your postgresql csv logs.  I think this does some neat tying together of how to use FDWs that the docs are currently lacking.

Hey, did you steal this straight from my blog? ;)

No, clearly not, because really.. Because the commands you've
suggested don't work, do they?
STATEMENT: CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER file_fdw HANDLER file_fdw_handler;
ERROR: foreign-data wrapper "file_fdw" already exists

because CREATE EXTENSION creates that one for you...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/