Re: add support for logging current role (what to review?)

From: Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: add support for logging current role (what to review?)
Date: 2011-07-01 19:02:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 16:35, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:

> I do want to rework the logging infrastructure (as discussed in the dev
> meeting), but I see that whole thing as rather orthogonal to this
> change.

*Shrug* Fine by me, im not going to argue that you should or shouldn't
rework the logging infrastructure. There seem to be people on both
sides of the fence... Including me. Im of the opinion that for *this*
field we should just add it, I think it stands on its own legs. For
some of the other columns (duration, pl line # etc)... well It might
make more sense to have a knob.

So uhh.. Im still confused at exactly what patch I should be looking
at because of my opinion that we should just add this field.

Stephen (others?), whats your preference? Maybe this should be two
patches (one that adds the field, another that adds a header)?