OS X and phpPgAdmin

From: Stephan Hochhaus <stephan(at)yauh(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: OS X and phpPgAdmin
Date: 2003-05-25 16:52:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello list!

After being around for a little while and soaking pgsql info like a sponge I
installed it on my OS X 10.2.6 Mac (curl'ed the source and compiled myself).
It is up and running nicely in the terminal, as long as I access it with the
dedicated postgres user, who owns the psql-place.
I cannot connect with any other tool or phpPgAdmin, the postmaster doesn't
seem to accept any TCP/IP connections or the like. I checked the logfile,
but there wasn't anything in there :-/

Can you point me in any direction what I possibly could have done wrong?
I precisely followed the directions on this page:
http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/postgres.html

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Stephan