Re: OS X and phpPgAdmin

From: Fabrizio Mazzoni <veramente(at)libero(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OS X and phpPgAdmin
Date: 2003-05-25 17:35:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

For TCP/IP access you must enable it in postgresql.conf (in the pg data dir) or you must add the -i option in the command line that starts the database. After that you must enable the users which are allowed to access the db from tcpip. Thi is done by editing the pg_hba.conf file in the data dir. Editing that file is very simple .. there are already some exaples inside the file in the comments. Regarding users, the machine users are bot the same as the database users. If you want to use other accounts to access the db you will have to create them in postgres. This is done with the createuser commsnd from console or directly in the database with CREATE USER the_user WITH PASSWORD 'the_password'

Anyway ... take a look at the docs on postgresql.org

Best Regards,

Fabrizio Mazzoni
Macron Srl