RE: Re: 7.1 performance

From: "Blake, Stephen" <Stephen(dot)Blake(at)veritect(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Re: 7.1 performance
Date: 2001-04-30 12:59:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Two things you should check.

1) Are you using persistent connections in your PHP scripts?
2) Are you certain your queries are utilizing the indices you have set up
for them.

For the answer to 1) check your php configuration.
For the answer to 2) do an explain on each query that is slow, making sure
it's hitting the index you think it should be.

Stephen Blake