Re: Restoring a pg_dump fails with

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Reiner Dassing <dassing(at)wettzell(dot)ifag(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restoring a pg_dump fails with
Date: 2001-04-30 13:59:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Reiner Dassing <dassing(at)wettzell(dot)ifag(dot)de> writes:
>> Perhaps there is some configuration or platform issue here? What were
>> your configure options?
> The options were as follows:
> ./configure --with-pgport=5432 \
> --with-x \
> --with-perl \
> --with-python \
> --with-tcl \
> --enable-odbc \
> --enable-syslog \
> --with-CC=cc --without-CXX \
> --prefix=/Postgres/pgsql \
> --with-tclconfig=/usr/local/lib \
> --with-include=/usr/local/include

Drat. I was thinking maybe you were using multibyte --- there's some
extra string-slinging for multibyte conversion that might have been a
good place to look for a memory leak. But there's nothing above that
looks significantly different from my setup.

Again, can anyone else reproduce a memory leak during COPY IN?

> There is the table pga_layout.
> What happens if this table is missing, empty or the contents is not
> correct in respect to COPY ...?

Nothing. The backend does not know or care anything about pgaccess'
tables...