Re: DbVisualizer and PG 7.3?

From: Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Francois Suter <dba(at)paragraf(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DbVisualizer and PG 7.3?
Date: 2002-12-05 10:19:54
Lists: pgsql-general

On 5/12/02 10:11 am, "Justin Clift" <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Francois Suter wrote:
> <snip>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know if I'm answering well to your question, at least I don't have
>> 7.3 running yet. But there was indeed a time where DBVis was unable to
>> display the referential integrity constraints past a certain quantity of
>> constraints. I'm now using version 3.0 and I can display all the constraints
>> (30+) again.
>
> Thanks Francois,
>
> That does help a lot. DbVisualizer 2.x was a great tool and it was a
> real shame that it had problems with our JDBC driver. It's very good
> news that it now works. Sounds like it might be easy to get good
> printouts of database schema's now.

One problem I had with this was that if you arrange your tables around the
screen then you couldn't save that 'view' of the tables and so when you
opened up the program again all the tables were back organised in one line
or in one column. Otherwise it looked a really nice tool.

adam

believed to be clean.