Re: Error: The database does not exist on the server

From: Jeffrey Melloy <jmelloy(at)visualdistortion(dot)org>
To: Steve Bond <bondy(at)skysurf-airdsl(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error: The database does not exist on the server
Date: 2003-09-14 23:03:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

A couple things need to be done. On the server, PostgreSQL needs to be
started with the -i option (or set enable_tcpip to true in
/var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql..conf).

/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf needs to be edited to allow certain IP
addresses (the client machines).

See the Adminstratior Guide for more information.

Jeff