Re: How to cripple a postgres server

From: Mitch Vincent <mitch(at)concept-factory(dot)com>
To: Stephen Robert Norris <srn(at)commsecure(dot)com(dot)au>, Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to cripple a postgres server
Date: 2002-05-28 06:19:55
Lists: pgsql-general

> Can someone with access to a BSD machine try this? It's pretty easy to
> set up, a simple loop to open a few hundred connections and a 1-line
> shell script. It doesn't seem to matter what's in the database...
>
> I'm going to try the O(1) scheduler patch for the linux kernel and see
> if that helps...
>
> Stephen

I'm willing, send over what you were using.. Also the schema and dump of any
database you were testing against (if it matters)..

I don't think I have a machine that I can get to tomorrow that can do 800
connections at the same time -- does a smaller number of connections produce
the same result on your machine(s)?

-Mitch