Re: [Patch] Checksums for SLRU files

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Ivan Kartyshov <i(dot)kartyshov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: [Patch] Checksums for SLRU files
Date: 2018-03-19 10:32:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, Ivan!

> 5 марта 2018 г., в 20:58, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru> написал(а):
>
> I've found that there are few more places with SLRU items per page

I was looking into this patch mainly because I was reviewing other checksums patch in different thread. But the purpose of this patch seems viable for me.
After looking into the patch I'd like to propose some editorialization:
0. Removed GUC: ignore_checksum_failure looks good enough
1. Removed copy on read from disk. Also I do not see a reason to copy page before write
2. multis are upgraded by WAL reset, CLOG is actually upgraded
3. Updated all places where SLRU block size was used

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-SLRU-checksums-patch.patch application/octet-stream 16.6 KB