Re: Do yo know any function that...

From: Keary Suska <hierophant(at)pcisys(dot)net>
To: Patricia Y=?ISO-8859-1?B?4Q==?=bar <pyabar(at)unica(dot)edu>, listas posgres-php <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Do yo know any function that...
Date: 2002-05-02 14:35:26
Lists: pgsql-php

on 5/2/02 2:43 AM, pyabar(at)unica(dot)edu purportedly said:

> Hello everybody, I have to programe a kind of schedule that alert
> finish activities that i saved in a posgres database. Do you know if
> there is any php function that alert to the clients automatically every
> ? time or something that help me to present the schedule information
> without the client have to do any action.
> Thanks.
> Patricia.

I am not entirely clear what you are trying to do, but in general using a
web browser, there is no way to have a persistent, bi-directional
communication to an HTTP server. At least not one that you can control.

There are ways to accomplish this kind of thing using JavaScript and
iframes. So as as far as PHP and Postgres is concerned, the answer to your
question is, "No, but it can be done."

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.