Re: Slow ADO connection on unbound form

From: Randall Perry <rgp(at)systame(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Slow ADO connection on unbound form
Date: 2001-11-27 02:02:59
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Put PgSQL into debugging mode and watched what happened when I moved record
to record with same form in ADO and linked modes.

Found out that each time I move to a new record in ADO the whole table is
downloaded again. With the linked table, PgSQL isn't accessed at all; the
data is client-side.

I dumped that code and am using code I got from Access 2K Unleashed, Chapter
17 (designed for Oracle, but works well, with slight modification in PgSQL).
It's quite zippy thank you. Think it's a bit faster than linked tables.

Think I'm going to create a Data Connection class from this code that can be
easily plugged into forms (the code as written isn't very modular, as most
of it is in the form's class module).

--
Randy Perry
sysTame