php cant see new table!!

From: "Sears, Jeremy" <Jeremy(dot)Sears(at)CCRS(dot)NRCan(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: php cant see new table!!
Date: 2006-02-17 15:55:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

HI all,
Im having a heck of a time here ...

Im running PostgreSQL 8.1 on windows XP.

I have created a new table in an existing database. The existing database
has a few schemas already built and some tables in these schemas.

I have sucessfully created a new table in a schema known as "st". I can view
the contents of my database and see that this table exists. However when I
attempt to connect to it via php, I get the following error:

Warning: pg_query(): Query failed: ERROR: relation "st.iam" does not exist
in D:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\postgres\justconnect.php on line 8
There was an error! ERROR: relation "st.iam" does not exist
end script

When I change my query statement to use a differnt table in the same schema,
it connects without problem.

This is the php code Im running:

<?php

echo 'start script <br>';

pg_connect("dbname=playdb user=postgres password=xxxxx") or die("Couldn't
Connect: ".pg_last_error());
//$query = "SELECT * from st.dictionnary"; //***** this line works
$query = "SELECT * from st.IAM"; //***** this line wont work
$query = pg_query($query);
if($query)
echo "got it!";
else{
echo "There was an error! ".pg_last_error();
}
echo '<br> end script <br>';

?>

Can anyone suggest a reason why this may be happening? Perhaps Ive missed
something important while creating the table?

Thanks
Jeremy