MacOS X: How to get JDBC support for PostgreSQL working

From: Jan Heijmans <jan(at)dds(dot)nl>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MacOS X: How to get JDBC support for PostgreSQL working
Date: 2001-05-31 12:35:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

(I'm new to this list, I hope you will forgive me if this is old info.)

It took me quite a while to figure it out, but I finally got JDBC support
for Postgres working under MacOS X. All you need to do is copy the
postgresql.jar file to the following directory:

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home/lib/ext/postgresql.jar

You don't have to change the classpath, this will do the trick (at least in
my case).

Naturally, the postgresql.jar can be found at:

/usr/local/pgsql/share/java/postgresql.jar

Technical blah-blah:
PostgreSQL 7.1
MacOS X 10.0.3 (Build 4P13)
Java IDE: Project Builder 1.0 (v57)