Uppercase problem in jdbc2 DatabaseMetaData.getColumns()

From: Patrice Le Gurun <patrice(dot)le-gurun(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Uppercase problem in jdbc2 DatabaseMetaData.getColumns()
Date: 2001-05-31 13:40:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello everybody !

I currently work on a project based on Java and PostgreSQL. This morning I
"discovered" a bug in DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() that did not retrieve
columns's informations when the table's name containt some uppercase
characters. It's a big problem for me because I must work with some tables
with uppercase char.

After some looks on the CVS tree, it seems that the tablename pattern is
converted to lowercase in the request. Is it possible to not convert the
pattern to lowercase or use a insensitive case search ?

--
Patrice Le Gurun
mailto:patrice(dot)le-gurun(at)wanadoo(dot)fr