OS-X Tidbits

From: Nick Farina <nick(at)spotlightmobile(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OS-X Tidbits
Date: 2006-10-17 22:33:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello devs,

I'm really enjoying the Universal Binary version of pgAdmin much more
than the PPC version. It's much snappier and the wxWidgets are more
responsive as well!

There are just a couple things that I think would help it fit in
better to OS-X World:

- In Preferences, you can adjust the font, but it doesn't seem to
have any effect? It would be great to adjust the font for the
treeview to make it smaller (my macbook screen is rather small
vertically)

- You can also adjust the Query font which works, but it's not
aliased. I would love to use TextMate's default font, Monoco 12pt
Aliased.

- My biggest pet peeve: Command-W doesn't work to close windows

- The Explain tooltips don't work right for me - the tooltip shows
up the first time I click an icon, then it never comes back.

Again, I really love pgAdmin and would like to use it on OS-X (for
the moment I'm running the win32 version in Parallels since it
provides a better experience).

Nick