Re: reporting TID/table with corruption error

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: reporting TID/table with corruption error
Date: 2021-08-19 17:28:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> 19 авг. 2021 г., в 21:37, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> написал(а):
>
> A customer recently hit this error message:
>
> ERROR: t_xmin is uncommitted in tuple to be updated

Sorry for one more message, it occurred to me only after sending previous one that I know this exact message.

We encountered this error twice:
1. When dealing with broken WAL-delta backups in WAL-G (a kind of fast incremental backup, the bug was fixed back in 2019) The page simply was of an old version.
2. As a result of broken page cache in patched linux kernel (clog was fsynced succesfully, but the page fsync was lost before restart)

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.