Re: Large SGML Cleanup

From: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Large SGML Cleanup
Date: 2010-11-03 13:12:28
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> Maybe we could have additional commands in the "check" rule to invoke
> some HTML validator.

Yes, it would be very nice to do this once we have all the HTML output
fixed up to be valid.

The w3c-markup-validator package I installed actually installs some
CGI scripts under apache, and the Perl package I used had to
communicate with it as a web service to get validation results. Pretty
clunky IMO, and not great as a dependency for "make check", though
maybe there's a standalone validator out there.

Josh