Develop item from TODO list

From: Viktor Valy <vili0121(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: chris(dot)gut(at)gmx(dot)at
Subject: Develop item from TODO list
Date: 2010-08-03 12:57:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello!

We are 2 Students from the Technical University of Vienna. At our internship
we would like to develop the item of the TODO list: "Allow SET CONSTRAINTS
to be qualified by schema/table name".
Is anyone working on it?

Our research at the SET CONTRAINTS function showed the following Error:
*ERROR: cross-database references are not implemented:
"schema.table.constraint"*
*SQL state: 0A000*

Is this the problem we could implement?
Approximately where is the point to implement?

As we have few experience with open-source programs, can someone recommend a
good C-editor for Ubuntu?
What do others use?

Thanks in advance,

Chris & Viktor