Re: Develop item from TODO list

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Viktor Valy <vili0121(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, chris(dot)gut(at)gmx(dot)at
Subject: Re: Develop item from TODO list
Date: 2010-08-03 14:01:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Viktor Valy <vili0121(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> We are 2 Students from the Technical University of Vienna. At our internship
> we would like to develop the item of the TODO list: "Allow SET CONSTRAINTS
> to be qualified by schema/table name".
> Is anyone working on it?

Uh, it was done years ago, AFAICS, unless the Todo entry means something
non-obvious.

regression=# create schema foo;
CREATE SCHEMA
regression=# create table foo.bar (f1 int unique deferrable);
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index "bar_f1_key" for table "bar"
CREATE TABLE
regression=# set constraints foo.bar_f1_key deferred;
SET CONSTRAINTS
regression=# set constraints foo.bar_f1_key immediate;
SET CONSTRAINTS
regression=#

Bruce, do you remember what that entry was really about?