Re: Zeus IOPS

From: Mindaugas Riauba <ml(at)kilimas(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Zeus IOPS
Date: 2010-06-01 07:27:18
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello,

>>> Anybody on the list have any experience with these drives?  They get
>>> good numbers but I can't find diddly on them on the internet for the
>>> last year or so.
>>>
>>> http://www.stec-inc.com/product/zeusiops.php

Most of the storage vendors (I have confirmation from EMC and HP)
use those in their SAN boxes. I believe that is because they are the
only SLC SSD makers that have supercapacitors on the SSD drive which
allows them to run with write cache enabled. As a side effect - they
are insanely expensive. :)

Mindaugas