Re: knngist - 0.8

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: knngist - 0.8
Date: 2010-08-09 22:00:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 1:35 AM, Euler Taveira de Oliveira <
euler(at)timbira(dot)com> wrote:

> What do you mean by complex queries? You can always use the SET command.
> Sadly
> it doesn't work when you have different thresholds within distinct
> subqueries.
> (In pg_similarity I use this approach to set the function's thresholds).

I mean exactly different thresholds in distinct subqueries.

What
> I am investigating is a way to build an index with some user-defined
> parameters. (We already have some infra-structure in reloptions for that
> but
> it needs some work to support my idea). I have some half-baked patch that
> I'm
> planning to submit to some of the CFs. Unfortunately, I don't have time for
> it
> ATM.

User-defined parameters for GiST would be a great feature. I'm performing
some experiments with GiST and I'm really feeling the need of it.

----
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.