Re: knngist - 0.8

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: knngist - 0.8
Date: 2010-08-09 21:35:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alexander Korotkov escreveu:
> Such approach
> can give benefit when we need to filter by similarity. For example, in
> pg_trgm "%" is used for similarity filtering, but similarity threshold
> is global for session. That's why we can't create complex queries which
> contain similarity filtering with different threshold.

What do you mean by complex queries? You can always use the SET command. Sadly
it doesn't work when you have different thresholds within distinct subqueries.
(In pg_similarity I use this approach to set the function's thresholds). What
I am investigating is a way to build an index with some user-defined
parameters. (We already have some infra-structure in reloptions for that but
it needs some work to support my idea). I have some half-baked patch that I'm
planning to submit to some of the CFs. Unfortunately, I don't have time for it
ATM.

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
http://www.timbira.com/