Re: pg_dump -X

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump -X
Date: 2011-03-14 13:56:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 12:56 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
>> Presumably the point of deprecating the feature is that we'd
>> eventually remove it.  If 4 major releases isn't long enough, what is?
>
> Good point.

Unless there are further objections, I think we should go ahead and remove this.

If there ARE further objections, then please say what release you
think it would be OK to remove it in, or why you think it's worth
keeping around indefinitely given that the last version in which it
was documented is now EOL.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company