Re: Runnning operating system commands from an SPL

From: Atif Jung <atifjung(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Runnning operating system commands from an SPL
Date: 2010-06-18 10:52:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks Adreas, I understand now. Like I mentioned I have several pgSQL
stored procedures which access the OS and need to be rewritten in perlu.

The problem is I have no knowledge of perl at all. Can you direct me to a
quick and easy to get to grips with resource online?
Thanks again

Atif

--
Words of Wisdom
=============

George Bernard Shaw, the British playwright said:

“The world is in dire need of a man with the mind of Muhammad; religious
people in the Middle Ages, due to their ignorance and prejudice, had
pictured him in a very dark way as they used to consider him the enemy of
Christianity. But after looking into the story of this man I found it to be
an amazing and a miraculous one and I came to the conclusion that he was
never an enemy of Christianity, and must be called instead the saviour of
humanity. In my opinion, if he was to be given control over the world today,
he would solve our problems and secure the peace and happiness for which the
world is longing.”